|New immunization requirements for the 2016-2017 school year/SB 277: All incoming Kindergarten and 7th grade students must have current immunizations on record to begin school on August 10, 2016. California law SB 277 no longer allows personal or religious beliefs exemptions. Click here for more information.|
|Saad Rahman April 22nd|
Welcome to the 2016-17 school year!
We are excited to welcome back students and also all of our incoming new Kindergarteners! It is a pleasure to serve such a great community of amazing students, wonderful families and a dedicated staff. As I begin my 2nd year at Cram Elementary School, I feel privileged to continue working with all of you!
We have high expectations for our students at Cram Elementary, which require a great commitment on the part of all key stakeholders. Parents, teachers, staff, and I must support students daily and work collaboratively to ensure student success. Please work with us on the following:
* Demonstrate high expectations for academics, attendance, character and performance for your child daily
* Hold regular conversations with your child and your child's teacher about learning goals. Don't wait to have conversations about how to enrich their academics, character or interventions as needed
* Check homework, classwork and activities for your child's best work on a daily basis-- learning excellence begins at home and is built upon at school
* Talk to your child about being a great citizen and being kind to others. Stand up for what is right in the world. We have zero tolerance for bullying!
* As adults, it is important that we model appropriate behavior when on school grounds or when conflict occurs-- your child is watching every move you make!
* PLEASE follow all driving/parking rules in and around our school campus. The YELLOW zone is for drop off and pick up ONLY – unattended cars are not allowed and are subject to ticketing. The RED zone is an emergency zone – no cars allowed. Safety for all of our students is a priority!
* Be an active participant at school at Cram. Sign up to volunteer in the classroom, on PTA/SSC/ELAC, and get to know your child's teacher.
Cram Elementary School uses the AERIES Parent Portal for exchanging pertinent information. Please use the Parent Portal to update Emergency Contacts, opt in/out of pesticide notifications, as well as the Volunteer Information and Application. Any change of addresses continue to need to be done through the School Office. Additionally, if you do not have access to the internet, our Office Staff is more than happy to assist you in the Office.
Please take note of the following important items of information for 1st-5th grade students:
* Students may arrive on campus no earlier than 7:15 am for breakfast
* Classroom instruction begins at 7:45 am. A warning bell at 7:40 am will indicates that it is time to line up.
* School ends at 1:53 pm on regular days and 11:35 am on minimum days
* Students may not remain on the Cram playground after school unless they are directly supervised by their parents. Unless walking home or riding the bus, all students must wait at the ride pick-up area until their parent picks them up.
* All visitors must check into the office
We are very excited to start the school year and look forward to working with you! Please check the Cram Elementary School website, Cram PTA Facebook page, and add our NEW Cram Elementary Twitter Account (@CramRUSD) to your feed. Stay in the know!